Melbourne is a world-class city for living and studying. With several world’s best universities and colleges, a vibrant cultural and artistic scene, Melbourne is an exciting experience. Nocturnal, cultural, cosmopolitan, sporty, inclusive and friendly, the capital of Victoria welcomes about 110,000 international students every year.
- Along with Sydney, Melbourne has the largest educational offer in Australia.
- The cost of living is lower than in Sydney.
- It is a large city with a wide and diverse job offer all year long.
- Rich cultural life, artistic and great nightlife.
- It is hard to predict the weather and normally it changes a lot, even in the same day. Cold and rainy winter and hot summer.
- The best city to live in the world for six consecutive years according to The Economist ranking.
- 2nd best city in the world for students according to the QS Best Student Cities 2016 ranking.
- 195,000 international students every year.
- 35% population of foreign origin.
- Average weekly rent for a room at the city’s central business district: AU$ 271
- Average weekly rent for a room in suburbs close to the city’s central business district: AU$ 244.
- Monthly expenditure on public transport: AU$ 140.
- Meals in cheap restaurants: AU$ 15.